You can join our volunteer list even in the winter! We'll follow up with you in March, once our gardens have made their plans for Spring.
In the meantime, you can use the form below to let us know how you'd like to volunteer! Which role works best for you?
- Garden Caretakers are the backbone of each individual garden, volunteering weekly to grow the garden from first planting to last harvest
- Garden Hands rotate to different gardens, working monthly as a team to complete big tasks, like tilling or cover-cropping
- Cooks volunteer weekly at Red Herring to help package, portion, chop, and process locally grown produce to feed neighbors in need
- Specialists provide unique skills, like graphic design, construction, or event planning, to support the garden network.
To volunteer with us, we ask that you:
- Be able to commit to pre-scheduled volunteer shifts
- Know about gardening or be willing to learn
- Be enthusiastic about feeding your community
- Communicate with people of diverse ages, backgrounds, and abilities
Fill out the form below to get on our volunteer list!
You can check "I don't want to volunteer right now, but please keep me in the loop" if you don't want to volunteer but would like to receive information about volunteering.
And if you're a home gardener, you can let us know that too! Home gardeners are an important part of our team, embodying our mission from a personal perspective and helping us grow more food for the community.
We're excited to work with you. Our volunteers, donors, and supporters are the reason we’re able to do the work we do. YOU are the one creating food for our community!
Showing 287 reactions
Sign in with